Monday, January 21, 2008

Eli, Eli, Eli!

As some have commented, Eli Manning is not exactly the alpha quarterback that coaches hope to have.

He's got the baby face. The "befuddled" look about him after a play goes wrong or right and just always seems to be out of place.

And yet, you have to root for him–I feel like I'm watching my son or brother playing (I have neither) when I am watching Eli.

He always looks lost, like he just haphazardly walked onto the field and they stuck a football in his hand and said give it a shot and somehow he's still here three years later.

But I'm not counting Eli out, sure he gets nervous–a lot.

Sure he throws interceptions–a lot.

Sure he freezes–a lot.

But when he's good, he's great.

He just needs that first touchdown and then he'll be off.

Can't wait to watch him during my Super Bowl extravaganza on Feb. 3, 2008.

No comments: