Monday, January 14, 2008

Running: best running store

This is a quickie, but on Sunday afternoon I had the best experience at Jack Rabbit, a running store on 7th Avenue in Brooklyn.

Todd, who I later found out is the store manager, sought me out as a confused and overwhelmed customer and found me a great sneaker.

He asked me few questions about my running, then looked at my feet and said he guessed I'm a pronator, which I am, and then filmed me running on a treadmill and analyzed my running.

He was funny, polite, but most important, he thoughtfully answered every question I had (and I had a lot of them) about running, sneakers, running hats, marathons, half marathons and the Iron Man competition (I don't have any fantasies about doing one of these any time soon, but find it particularly interesting).

No comments: